I’ve never been a lip girl. I love doing my brows, and a little contour here and there, but for lips, it’s still that territory that I have yet to master. As I’ve shared before, I like a little bold lip every now and then to make a statement, but for the days when I just want to look simple, but polished, a look that doesn’t require so much effort, I use lip balm to hydrate my extra dry lips.
Lip balms are a great way to keep your puckers moisturized and healthy, a key to finishing a polished look. No matter what kind of gal you are, be it the makeup-savvy, or grab and go type, lip balm is a great makeup must have to instantly liven up a look. Especially the tinted ones.
Remember the term “on fleek”? It’s currently a very popular hashtag on social media, which just means on point or done perfectly. So how do we keep our lips on fleek?
Looking well-kept doesn’t mean you have to pile on makeup. Sometimes, looking fresh is all it takes to look refined and well-maintained.
Dance floor maven and television personality Yassi Pressman, the new local ambassador of Lip Pure lip balms, shares, “It doesn’t take much for me, really. I try to stick to the basics no matter how busy I am. When my schedule is really hectic, I just put on cheek tint, mascara, and swipe on my trusty lip balm.”
For Yassi, looking fresh is soooo much more important than piling on makeup, and she does just that by always having her Lip Pure tube ready for touch ups, anytime, anywhere.
“I think that perfecting the basics is a simple but effective way to always look your best. But of course, it’s not just all about beauty. As much as possible, it is best to go with products that are safe as well,” closes Yassi.
The lips are very important in accentuating or completing a look. Dramatic or subdued, keeping them healthy and moisturized is a must for those vying for double-tap worthy selfies.
Lip Pure, a new and all-natural beauty product by international OTC & health care company Mentholatum, offers just this with its unique formulation and ingredients. It contains all-natural components that are guaranteed to be safe for the skin.
Go Natural. Choose lip balms with 100% food grade ingredients.
I prefer food grade ingredients in lip products because we tend to also ingest the lip product while eating or drinking. This just makes sure that we’re not taking in anything harmful. Also, food grade and natural products tend to be more gentle on the skin than most chemical ingredients.
Lip Pure is a good option because it has gentle beeswax formulation and 100% food grade ingredients. It is also free of colorants and preservatives.
Hydrate and moisturize with all-natural ingredients
Proper hydration is the secret behind healthy-looking lips. This is particularly true here in the country, where the erratic and often extreme weather can take its toll on this sensitive part of the body.
Lip Pure is formulated with royal jelly and manuka honey to keep the lips moisturized even during the harshest of weather conditions. Other ingredients like almond oil, aloe extract, shea butter oil, and jojoba oil are also in Lip pure’s formulation for deep hydration and long-lasting moisture.
Anti-Oxidants for youthful looking puckers
Lip Pure is also infused with anti-oxidants like Vitamin E and grape seed oil to keep lips youthful looking.
That’s about it for a general overview of Lip Pure products, now let’s move on to my reviews!
Lip Pure (Php 129) in Fragrance Free and Orange
- made with beeswax, royal jelly and Manuka honey from New Zealand
- enriched with almond oil, shea butter and olive oil
- made with food grade ingredients
- free from colorants and preservatives
- This glides really smoothly on the lips, almost like butter
- very moisturizing, didn’t need frequent retouching
- I like the fragrance free variant more, although the citrusy scent on the other variant isn’t too strong either
- great value for money
- it tends to run out easily than other lip balms in the market because it gets more product on the lips in one single swipe
- because it is made form all-natural ingredients and has no preservatives, it might have a shorter shelf life
Lip Ice Tinted Lip Balm (Php 99) in Poppy Pink, Rose Red, and Baby Pink
- infused with flavors: Raspberry for Poppy Pink, Wildberry for Rose Red, and Strawberry for Baby Pink
- intense hydration with Hyaluronic Acid
- firming and improvement of elasticity and texture with collagen
- repairs dry lips with antioxidant Vitamin E
- with UV protection of SPF 15
- I love multitasking products like this, offering hydration, tint, and UV protection all at the same time!!
- glides on as easily as Lip Pure
- the flavors make the lip balms even yummier!
- The slight tint is just enough to create a flush
Lip Ice Sheer Color (Php 145) in Strawberry, Shimmer and Fragrance Free
- Color-changing: glides on clear and gradually changes to a natural sheer pink that is uniquely yours
- with gentle beeswax for long lasting hydration
- contains shea butter, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, jojoba seed oil, and aloe extract
- with antioxidant Vitamin E
The Shimmer variant is the only one with extra sparkle
- It’s like magic, the balm turned pink right after application on my lips
- not as buttery as the previous lip balms
- glides smoothly
- the tube is easy to manipulate and the thickness of the balm is just right
- The shimmer variant doesn’t show that big of a different, but it does have that extra shine
Lip Ice Watercolor (Php 145) in 01 Vintage Pink, 02 Dancing Pink and 04 Rock n’ Pink
- contains Hyaluronic acid and ceramide for long lasting moisture
- enriched with Maxilip that helps to reduce fine lines and Vitamin E
The Lip ice Watercolor line is the most pigmented out of all the balms from Mentholatum.
- I love the pigmentation on this one, it’s not too heavy, and not too sheer either.
- It adds just the right amount of flush when you want more out of your lip tint
- Perfect for everyday use
- The packaging is also the cutest among all the mentholatum products here, making it great for gifting!
What do you think about these Lip Pure, Lip Ice products? Have you tried any of them?
Lip Pure is a product of Mentholatum, an international OTC & health care products manufacturer headquartered in Orchard Park, USA. In Asia, their regional office is in Hongkong. Lip Pure is available in the Philippines in all Watsons branches Nationwide. Other products they have are: Mentholatum Therapy Lip Balm & Lip Gel, Men’s Cool Aqua Lip Balm and the popular Lip Ice in Sheer Color, Fruity, Tinted and Water Color.