Every now and then, we want to change up our look without doing anything too drastic, or permanent. We’ve all been there, bored with a current hairstyle, but don’t want the risk of getting another potentially disastrous (trust me, I know) haircut.
Last year, I got my hair permed, bleached, colored, all because I find it necessary to change things up once in a while. But with everything my hair’s been through, I’m all for more temporary and hair-friendly styling techniques to keep my locks healthy.
Personally, I love curling my hair when I’m feeling fun and flirty, especially on nights out. I keep my hair slick straight and put together for more professional or corporate functions.
When straightening my hair, I normally just blowdry it, while using a roller brush. If that isn’t enough, I resort to using a flat hair iron or straightener, to make my hair even more frizz free and stick straight.
When it comes to waves and curls, I use a curling iron. Before, I struggled a lot, I didn’t know how to get my curls facing one way, or how to make them bounce with volume. I was also confused a lot with the different sized barrels, until I realized I only needed a medium sized one for nice wavy, versatile curls.
As I’ve mentioned above, I use different tools when styling my hair, and recently, I’ve discovered the W Elite Beauty Box from Watsons, containing different tools to encourage everyone to change up your hairstyle in an instant.
The W Elite Beauty Box contains:
1. W Elite Gold Curl and Straight Nano Ceramic Tourmaline Styler
- has tourmaline ceramic coated plates which heat up in as fast as 60 seconds
- has variable temperature settings and LCD temperature display
- effectively straightens and curls up your hair.
2. W Elite Gold Nano Ceramic Hair Dryer
- With ionic function that leaves your hair smooth and silky
- has a concentrator nozzle, 3 heat and 2 speed setting and special cool shot feature.
3. Watsons Heat Active Hair Serum
- uses an advance technology from Japan that harness heat energy from blow drying and heat styling to activate NanoRepair – an ingredient that delivers restorative and protective benefits to your hair
I love the packaging because the box is so sturdy, and it’s really great to display on my vanity table. Another thing that I love is how the W Elite Series tools are in gold! They look soooo luxurious on top of the black container.
The whole box really gives a great first impression, with a great combination of products to change your hairstyle with ease.
To give an even better description, I’ll be doing a short review of each product inside the box.
Watsons Heat Active Hair Serum (Php 519)
What it is: A hair serum that uses nanotechnology to protect against the damaging effects of heat and excessive styling
Directions for Use:
- Apply appropriate amount of Hair serum on dry hair for smoothing and intense hair shine. Focus on areas where styling is done. No need to rinse.
- After shampooing, gently pat hair dry with towel and apply onto your hair.
Thoughts on the product:
- Texture: Not sticky or oily, and feels like a light cream
- Function: Efficiently coats hair, although I haven’t observed the hair-protective effects yet.
- Value for Money: You only to use one to two pumps depending on thickness of your hair, so one bottle goes a long way.
- Repurchase? Definitely. I’ve tried different serums in the past, and I like how it isn’t too oily or sticky and does the job well.
W Elite Gold Nano Ceramic Hair Dryer (Php 2299)
What it is: Hair Dryer/blower with two detachable nozzles and various settings.
Depending on your hair, you can use the longer nozzle for thicker strands, and the shorter nozzle for thin locks.
Before I show how I use it, here’s a photo of me fresh out of the shower after towel drying my hair.
- Start drying your hair by pointing the blower to different areas of your hair from left to right then top to bottom.
- After you hair is semi dry, section your hair.
- Grab a section and brush through with a roller brush (you can use any big brush)
- Pick a setting for heat (low, med, high or cool) and speed (low, high), then point the nozzle to the section of hair on the brush.
- Continue with other hair sections
- Tada! your hair’s dry!
Personally I love using the cool setting when I’m not in a hurry anyway. Then use high heat and fast speed when I need to dry my hair quickly.
Thoughts on the product:
- Function: It does the job well in record time. I’ve used a lot of hair dryers in the past, and this one’s pretty good.
- Value for Money: A little pricey for a hair dryer, but the color and different settings make up for it.
- Recommend? Yes. I would actually get this as a gift to a friend, because it is very user friendly.
So there, that’s how my hair looked after drying. I know, the permed ends look so damaged!! I do think the serum’s doing a pretty decent job in helping repair my hair.
W Elite Gold Curl and Straight Nano Ceramic Tourmaline Styler (Php 2599)
What it is: A 2-in-1 hair iron that can curl as well as straighten.
- Adjustable temperature setting
- Locking mechanism for easy grip
- Flat iron ceramic inner part, rounded barrel for curls
- Section your hair into 8-12 parts depending on thickness. Take note of how thick you want each curled section to be.
- Adjust the temperature of the styler depending on your preference.
- Slip the section in between the rods then secure the tip inside the flat iron part.
- Twist the styler until a third of the section is wrapped around it.
- Leave for 40 seconds or more for every section to get desired curls.
- Style using combs, brushes, or sprays to get volumizing effect.
Thoughts on the product:
- Function: I love how the temperature is displayed on the handle, so you can easily adjust if you want to go higher or lower. It also heats up really quick as claimed, so the waiting time is cut short. It is also easy to grip and surprisingly doesn’t slip off.
- Value for Money: Again, it is pricey, but considering the settings, color, materials used on it, it is worth it.
- Recommend? Possibly. While I do love how it works and the results, I find it a little too heavy. My arm got easily tired after doing four sections of my hair.
See? The temperature is clearly displayed on the panel at the handle for easy monitoring.
Tada! How I look after speedily curling my hair for this review. HAHA.
Overall, I liked everything inside the W Elite Beauty Box, especially the gold 2 in 1 styler. I am even more excited to test it out on my friends and see if it works well on them as well.
What do you think about these hair tools? Would you prefer straight or curly?
The W Elite Beauty Box and other W Elite hair tools are available at Watsons and the SM Store Beauty Section. The beauty assistants there are more than willing to demonstrate how to use the tools if you need more info regarding these products.
Have a happy hair day everyone!